Thursday, March 26, 2015

Round 2 of RIC #80 Challenge

Hello Fellow Stampers,

I'm back with a round 2 card of this week's Card Challenge. If you haven't checked out my first card please click here. Again I combined a Runway Inspired Challenge with Blog Named Hero - Unexpected and Splitcoast Stampers - Sketch Challenge SC532. Here are the inspiration pieces:

NoNoo - Spring 2015




With this card I decided to take some more liberties with the card layout. I feel this time around I wasn't focused on being so literal. I used the extra card stock from piece 2 on my first card to die cut out "Mom" which I used for piece 3. The background I used Tim Holtz Distress Paint watered-down that way I could easy move the paint by blowing into a straw. (Thanks Dunkin's for providing the straw :) ) 


Unexpected Mother's Day Card, Tulle, Die Cut, Simon Says Stamp

A Blog Named Hero challenged us to do something unexpected. I fulfilled that requirement by using Tulle over my oval piece. I initially was hoping that the Tulle would melt on the piece of card stock but no such luck. Instead I used some Mod Podge to adhere all the layers of tulle. I had a lot of fun creating this card. 


Here's the Inside of the Card

What do you think of this card verses card 1? But as always, thanks for stopping by!

~ Nikita

1 comment:

  1. Your straw technique is so cool..love the look! Thanks for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete