Wednesday, March 25, 2015

You Make My World Happy - Distressed

Hello Fellow Stampers,

Here I am with a Challenge Mashup for this weeks card. I've decided to combine a Runway Inspired Challenge with Lawn Scaping - Distress and Splitcoast Stampers - Sketch Challenge SC532. Here are the inspiration pieces:

NoNoo - Spring 2015
I wanted to create a card that had a lot of distressing to it which I thought would tie in well with her cosmic inspired dress. I created the pieces 2 through 4 using Tim Holtz Distress inks, water and stamp. I created texture by using embossing powder and molding paste. 
~ Nikita



  • Recollections - Detail Embossing Powder - Snow
  • Acrylic Stamp Blocks - Any Brand
  • Spoolo Ribbon - White - Sold In Store at Michaels
  • Golden - Iridescent Pearl (Fine)
  • Baby Wipes - Any Brand
  • Stencil Ease - Stencil Blanks
  • Permanent Marker - Any Brand








You Make My World Happy - Distressed, Tim Holtz

Actually creating the various elements came quite easy for me. I love how the world turned out. The image below shows a close up. I like that the globe image is broken up by the white embossed dots. I added Flexible Modeling Paste to my handmade stars stencil.  I must say, utilizing the layers with the sketch challenge was just that - a challenge. I think I am going to try and create another card using the same inspiration.


You Make My World Happy - Distressed Close Up, Tim Holtz

I'd love to know what you think and as always, Thanks for stopping by!




Products I used that I can't link to using InLinkz:


1 comment:

  1. The world stamp looks really cool with the dots! Thanks for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete