Saturday, October 10, 2015

I take on "The Daily Marker 30 Day" 3 Challenge

Hello my lovely stampers!!

Wow it's already October... I swear this year is just flying and flying by! Okay so I have only been on Instagram for a few short months (*gasps are heard*) Yes I know, I know, I was late getting to the program but I absolutely love it...now! haha I thought ... Why would I need an IG account... my life isn't all that interesting never mind trying to showcase that via pictures! Ohhhh what lame excuse that was! How did I not see that this would be a great way to get more of my art out there! 


Any who.... sorry I digress. The reason why I mention this is because thanks to IG I am aware of the Kathy Racoosin's "The Daily Marker 30 Day: 3 Challenge" I must admit was quite intimidated at first, seeing all the wonderful artwork out there that I didn't feel that my stuff was worth it. But I've come to realize I don't give myself nearly enough credit. So, I've decided to dive into the 3rd 30 Day Color Challenge. You can learn more about it here. Kathy is so kind to provide, prompts if you will, to get her followers' creative juices flowing!



Her Day 1 inspiration had thousands of people clamoring to Starbucks to get their fall inspired coffee cups. I mean, I even went to two different Starbucks through out the week trying to find these cups and I'm a DD girl! (That's Dunkin Donuts just incase you didn't know haha ;) )


But I was feeling sick when this challenge kicked off and was in no condition to get in my car and drive to Starbucks. Therefor, I did the next best thing, created my own Starbucks inspired patterned paper!


I stamped the beautiful and sketchy, Petals from Scratch by Fiskars in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink to create my initial pattern.




I colored all the stamps using Copic Markers. The colors I used were the following:

Single Leaf: YG25, YG17
Bunch of Leaves: YG25, YG17, YG67
Large Side Flower: RV04, RV25
Small Flower: Y38, RV25
Skinny Petal Flower: Y32, 0
Pumpkin:Y35, Y38, YG25, E15, R89


Petals from Scratch - Fiskars

Next, I tackled the background to turn it from a plain white card stock to a pretty blue using the marker B02. I didn't get a completely smooth blend but I think that just adds character! This was my first time tackling such a large background - not bad huh!?




So this is my beautiful Day 1, 30 Day Color Challenge piece!! So tickled pink on how this came out.... or should I say blue! ;-)




Until tomorrow- Stay Inky My Friends,


~Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment