Sunday, October 18, 2015

All About Lawn Fawn: 30 Day Color Challenge

Hello My Inky Friends,

Sometimes I think it's tough just trying to find time to color never mind trying to blog about it. haha. So I must apologize for being so behind on my Daily Coloring Posts. Let's jump into this shall we?


I was lucky enough to get to go to my very first Scrapbook Expo back in September. It was the first time it ever was in my state so I was just super excited overall. While at the Show I was able to scoop up 2 great Lawn Fawn sets: Happy Harvest and Spooktacular. I didn't grab the coordinating dies but you can find them here and here respectively.


Day 4: I wanted to utilize the adorable scarecrow from the Happy Harvest set. He would fit in perfectly with my Day 1 background! So I colored him in; I left white space around the image because I would be using a circle die to cut him out. I actually had a boo-boo when coloring this image. I somehow managed to get ink on my little birdy which is also from the Happy Harvest set. I had to think quick, "What could I do to salvage the image?" Since, everything was already colored. Solution? Add white dots!! I love how it turned out!! It just takes the cuteness up to another level. I wasn't thinking of doing it but it definitely worked out for the best! Yes, happy accidents!




Scarecrow - Happy Harvest - Lawn Fawn

Day 5: Today was all about working with Spooktacular stamp set; my Warm and Cool Grey Copic markers. You can see a clear difference in the temperature of the greys when seeing them side by side. These cute ghosts a colored using the Cool Greys. These markers have much more of a blue undertone to them. Generally speaking I think these markers would be great for "inanimate objects", while the Warm Greys would be used for anything alive. The Warm Greys tend to have a yellow/ brown undertone to them. But as you can see from the Cool Grey colored kitty these rules can be broken ;-)


Ghosts and Cats - Spooktacular - Lawn Fawn

The ghosts are colored using 2 different angles as well as working some of the images Light to Dark; Dark to Light. The kitties I focused on laying in the shadows in the proper ares and working  Light to Dark; Dark to Light. This stamp set is just too cute for words.


How you are enjoying the Daily Marker Challenge? If you have a Instagram account or a blog showcasing what you are creating I'd love to see! Just comment below with you IG name and/ or blog link. Don't forget to use #thedailymarker30day3 on Instagram so we can find your artwork quickly! Also, you can find me on IG: @iwannastamprightnow 

Until next time...Stay Inky My Friends!

~Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment