Friday, May 13, 2016

A Critter-ly Challenge! Host by Lawn Fawn

Hello Crafty friends,

Nikki here with a quick blog post. I know, I haven't been active on here but that doesn't mean I haven't been active in my crafty space! ;) I made a cute and non-traditional Mother's Day card for my grandmother. (I unfortunately had to work on Mother's Day so I couldn't see her but was able to send her this card at least. :) )


I was inspired to do this card by the Lawnscaping Challenge - Critters and the Paper Smooches Challenge - Rainbow.


Critter-ly Challenge - Lawn Fawn, Tim Holtz Distress Inks



The sunset was created using Tim Holtz's Distress Inks, in the colors Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, and Barn Door. The dirt was made with Distress Inks, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo. Lastly, the grass area was inked with Lawn Fawn's Freshly Cut Grass and Noble Fir. To slightly tone down and tie in with the earthy browns of the dirt,  Frayed Burlap Distress Ink was added to the edge and randomly on the grass layer. 


The dirt and grass hill were cut using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Boarder Dies which really gave depth to the images. The grass layer was attached to the card using Scotch 3-D Foam Tape. I added the grass blades in Vintage Photo and Freshly Cut Grass which added some texture to the ground. 

Critter-ly Challenge Close Up - Lawn Fawn, Tim Holtz Distress Inks

I used Critters on the Savanna for all the main images of this card. Smitty and Claire's ABCs were used to make my own sentiment. 


Stay Crafty My Friends,


~Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment